Rod Roy Celebrates its 50th Anniversary!

In this section

Quick links
Trip Schedule
To Register
Ski Centres
About Rod Roy
Job Opportunities

Transportation: Travel to the U.S.

Documents for travel to the United States

Land and water ports of entry (effective June 1, 2009):

Canadian citizens are required to present one of the following valid WHTI-compliant documents when entering the United States by land or water:
  • a passport;
  • a NEXUS card;
  • a Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card;
  • a Secure Certificate of Indian Status (when this certificate is available and approved by the United States). In the interim, the current Certificate of Indian Status is an acceptable document to present when entering the United States by land or water.

Canadian citizens aged 15 years or under are only required to present proof of Canadian citizenship, such as an original or a photocopy of a birth certificate, or an original citizenship card. Canadian citizens 18 years of age or under who are travelling with a school or other organized group, under adult supervision with parental/guardian consent, may also present proof of Canadian citizenship alone.

Entry requirements to the United States have not changed for non-Canadian citizens residing in Canada. For more information on U.S. entry requirements, consult the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Web site. Non-Canadians from participating countries of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) can expedite their entry into the United States by completing the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to travel. The cost of an ESTA application is $14 USD and you can apply for ESTA at:

U.S. Customs check-list

1. Don’t try to cross without proper I.D., especially if you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen.

2. Have your I.D.s ready and out when you arrive at the border crossing. Don’t wait for the border official to ask for this. Everyone will be asked. If you have proper I.D. and it’s quickly and readily available for the officials, the entry will be quicker. Be forthcoming about the fact you are going skiing.

3. Do not attempt to bring illegal drugs or firearms or weapons of any kind into the U.S. You will be stopped and perhaps arrested if you try to do so in an unauthorized manner.

4. If you have a criminal record or other illegal offenses that prohibit you from entering the U.S., don’t try to enter. All visitors will be checked and it will only delay others in your party if you try to enter illegally.

5. Bringing food into the United States. If you bring fruit make sure that it has stickers indicating that it was produced in the United States. For more info on foods allowed into the U.S... DO NOT BRING CITRUS FRUITS.

Les résidents américains et canadiens qui traversent la frontière américano-canadienne être munis d'un permis de conduire valide, d'un certificat de naissance ou de leur passeport. Les étrangers résidents permanents aux Etats-Unis doivent présenter leur carte verte. Non-Canadians must present a valid passport and complete an I-94 immigration form. The cost for I-94 form is $6.00 U.S. (cash only) payable upon entry into the United States. The I-94 visa is valid for 3 months.

More info...

© 2008 École de neige Rod Roy Ski and Snow School. All rights reserved / Tous les droits réservés.
Design and programming by / Design et programmation par Webmovement Design.